Monday, May 4, 2009

A Bad Day


Life is never as bad as it seems, it seems. I got out of bed dreading today: I had so many things to do and then people coming for art lessons this afternoon, and the daily grind just disappeared into the distance with no let-up in sight.

However, the first thing that happened: the art lessons were cancelled. So, having mentally re-arranged my day, I set off for the post office and then to the vet to see how my favourite cat was doing. He has been in hospital for more than two weeks with one problem after another. and I feared that he might not be any better. However, as soon as I crossed the threshhold into the vet's rooms and my voice was heard, a distant yowling started from the bowels of the building. I went straight to his cage and found, to my great joy, that he was looking a great deal better and was becoming his old noisy self again.

The vet appeared and announced that I had come to take him home. Given the welcome that I received, I could hardly leave him there, so, basket and all, cat was brought home where he was put on my bed, made much of, and promptly went to sleep.

Having overcome that obstacle (and that one was the one I feared most), I then bundled the spare dog into the car with its food and took it to another friend to look after for another three weeks. I went shopping for special cat food and came home filled with new life and a desire to put the whole place to rights.

I have sorely missed that cat and am very pleased that he's back where he belongs. Now I just have to deal with the rest of the day, but the sun is shining.........

No comments:

Post a Comment